Your Attention Please : should you own any kind of right upon a picture/video posted here and want it removed, please spare yourself the hassle of contacting Blogger, instead a simple email to my address will do the trick and I will swiftly remove that picture or video. To contact me just click on my Profile picture. Thank you.

Tuesday, June 15, 2021

378. Anemic James Bond Track

The next James Bond movie's "anthem" is now out for our eager ears to discover it and, well... Hear for yourself.


 As for me, I do not know the work of Billie Eilish. Although my ears reacted pretty well to her way of mastering the semitones, I just wonder what the result would be once she gets rid of that voice loss she seems to be suffering from. (I would recommend an infusion of rosemary and lavender with a tablespoon of honey :-)
Anyway, I do hope the movie itself will generate less yawnings than its title song.

6 comments:

whkattk said...

She's a a very UNdynamic vocalist. I really don't understand the attraction at all.

BatRedneck said...

Very well stated, Pat. I obviously agree :)
There are so many talented singers the production could have asked. We all know the basics of the theme style and we love it, now it is the artist that makes a difference. And the saga history had its ups and downs on that matter:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Bond_music#Title_themes

uptonking said...

The Boyfriend was a huge fan, at first. Now he's off her. The Vogue spread. And now her latest video... with her partying and showing boobies and such. She was refreshing because she refused to play the peek-a-boo but I sing, game female pop artists are forced to play. Now she's no different than any other. Except vocally impaired. It's a little like when Megahn Trainor came out declaring she loved her body as it was and then went on a crash diet to get more hits. You kind of wish they'd take a stand and keep it. I mean, I am all for evolving, but why become the very thing you initially stood out against?

whkattk said...

@ Upton - Right on! I was so disappointed that Trainor went on that crash diet - - because she did for all the wrong reasons.

Sixpence Notthewiser said...

Oops.
I'm going to be the only dissenting voice here: I love Billie's songs and this one I think is super cool.
I don't know anything about singing, though, so I could be wrong. But I love her.

XOXO

BatRedneck said...

@Sixpence: "les goûts et les couleurs ne se discutent pas" :-)
If her song pleases you and certainly other people, then it's a fine thing she sang it.
I just hope the production will come up with something more punchy for the starting credits of the movie, you know.