Your Attention Please : should you own any kind of right upon a picture/video posted here and want it removed, please spare yourself the hassle of contacting Blogger, instead a simple email to my address will do the trick and I will swiftly remove that picture or video. To contact me just click on my Profile picture. Thank you.

Wednesday, August 25, 2021

633. My Thought Exactly

Venice set to introduce an entry fee and booking system for tourists
News article Here.



Twenty years ago give or take I and the former One were on our way to joining friends for a vacation in Croatia, and we had planned a stopover in Venice. Two short days in La Serenissima gave us a impressive glimpse at what she has to offer and hadn't it been for the overcrowded canals and alleyways, it could have turned into a Stendhal syndrome.



The pigeons once were Venice's most dreadful threat, but anyone who once crawled a crowd of people wearing lycra shorts and flip-flops, taking close-up photos of themselves in front of whatever magestuous building knows how nightmarish such a splendid place can become.

So The Hell Yes! I fully approve of that forthcoming measure. I may even add: It's about time.

4 comments:

whkattk said...

Perfect! Yes, it's about time.

uptonking said...

It is on my list. But I won't be going. The city doesn't need another tourist.

BatRedneck said...

Upton: you won't be a tourist but a lover of the Arts.

Anonymous said...


Seeing Venice overtopped by monstrously huge tourist ships, and the thousands they disgorge daily, it's high time the city began imposing limits on tourism.