Your Attention Please : should you own any kind of right upon a picture/video posted here and want it removed, please spare yourself the hassle of contacting Blogger, instead a simple email to my address will do the trick and I will swiftly remove that picture or video. To contact me just click on my Profile picture. Thank you.

Wednesday, August 25, 2021

635. One Picture leading to Another

In one of Rick's yesterday's post a picture reminded me of the Holocaust Memorial in Berlin, from which I keep a vivid memory after a nocturnal visit after a business dinner at the Reichstag's rooftop restaurant. Some would have called it a downer after such a festive and luxury dinner, I say it was an inspiring way to make one realise how molded from History we are.

It was night time, most of ours did not enter the place. Ilyes and I did. Him a Tunisian and muslim, me a born and raised French catholic. We walked around and paid our respects in silence, for the stones felt as heavy as the story they were placed there to tell.

Nowadays the dumbs seem to rule, but thankfully some artists such as Shahak Shapira are watching us silly people, to remind us who we were then - and can become again - at our worst.

Each of the followings are self explanatory Gifs.





















8 comments:

Infidel753 said...

A great idea and very powerful juxtapositions. Incredible that some people can be so disrespectful of history.

whkattk said...

Yikes.... Well done, though!

uptonking said...

The young... they know nothing but themselves... always about themselves. It's odd, that was my comment on Rick's post, too... that it reminded me of this memorial. We went. No yoga. No twerking. No selfies. It was a solemn occasion. That city... is heavy with memory. It makes it both attractive... and heartbreaking.

SickoRicko said...

Amazing and tragic.

Anonymous said...


I believe our species has jumped from homo sapiens to homo cretinus (or whatever the correct Latin is).

BatRedneck said...

You just put it right Upton: Berlin is (or was) attractive as well as heartbreaking. Two words that reflect quite well exactly what it made me feel for the year and a half I spent there, and the time thereafter.
And solemn was the time when I walked amongst those erected steles at night.
I am glad that you guys understand that. Although I am also afraid that our kind is still far from reaching the 'sapiens' point, not to mention Bowie's Homo-Superior.

Richard said...

These incredibly stupid ignorant selfish young people have really upset me. They will have to learn the hard way. Our society has failed to teach them how to be human.

BatRedneck said...

@Richard: I'll simply take comfort in the knowledge that these youngsters will be forever remembered as the dumbest of their generation. The Internet is such a ruthless bitch...