Your Attention Please : should you own any kind of right upon a picture/video posted here and want it removed, please spare yourself the hassle of contacting Blogger, instead a simple email to my address will do the trick and I will swiftly remove that picture or video. To contact me just click on my Profile picture. Thank you.

Friday, October 1, 2021

779. Dear Pr Heinrich...

Nobody remembers you, however...
we all know about Mr Einstein.
Life is a bitch, is it not?

But this letter is a fake, which I fell for.
a) the letter is written in English, Bern is located in Switzerland and Einstein was German,
b) the postal code is wrong: that four digits system wasn't adopted there until the 1960s,
c) there has never been a dean named Wilhelm Heinrich at Bern's University

Thx to Deanter in the comments for reminding me that fun is not reason enough not to check the facts :-)

3 comments:

whkattk said...

LOL. Rejection can make some some people look mighty foolish.

Deanter said...

Curious why this letter would have been written in English.

BatRedneck said...

Good point, Deanter. I should have made me frown from the start.
Post updated accordingly.
Thank you!