Your Attention Please : should you own any kind of right upon a picture/video posted here and want it removed, please spare yourself the hassle of contacting Blogger, instead a simple email to my address will do the trick and I will swiftly remove that picture or video. To contact me just click on my Profile picture. Thank you.

Monday, December 6, 2021

1007. It's a Day Like This

I hate when I go

out in public

and the public

is there

For a long while now the world seems to have turned into a not so friendly place to live in. The pandemic has just made it even more painful. Everywhere I turn I see and hear people complaining their lives became harder to cope with, with reasons. The little social interactions I still have leave me with a bittersweet after-taste for even those who, like I do, force themselves to be a bit cheery can't really hide their mind is tired and anxious.

I look at my big flat TV which no longer is the friendly window to the world it used to be. Now I barely switch it on once in a while. And the election season that has started here makes it worse: no less than two far-right wingers competing for the next mandate, counting on the people's fear, appealing on xenophobia to achieving their agenda - power, money... through lies and false promises.

Yes, it's one of these days. Again.

So whoever you are, wherever you live, if you feel that the world that surrounds you is letting you down and became hostile: tell yourself that you are not alone, that a plentiful of people can relate to your feelings. Think about it when you look at your reflection while brushing your teeth or anytime you sigh, again, at hearing another bad news: remember that you are not alone, try and find a sparkle of strength in that thought to help you move forward.

And your voice does matter. Do not let go of any occasion to vote when elections time comes. You matter, and your views on what the world should be is as much important as any.

In your every day life, if you come across a beggar while going out for your errands don't look away but give him something, even if it's just a bit, along with a few words and a friendly smile in your eyes, for this could be you sitting there in the street. I know it could have been me at some point in my life.

Gentleness, the ability to keep being able to care and to show it even to those different from us. This may be the last sign we are worth something as humans.

4 comments:

Mistress Maddie said...

I very excellent post and how true. BP...or Before Pandemic as i call it, I was always out, had a very sometimes over booked schedule and was very social. While I still am...it has made me more introverted than i would have expected surprisingly. I'm getting out and enjoy it...but I could be just as happy becoming a crazy Little Edie in my own Grey Gardens. But with my stance on the planet care and treatment of animals or should I say lack of care and concern...Ive not loved humans for some time...and the pandemic idiots have made it even worst.

whkattk said...

It does seem tough at times. I want to get back out to see shows, movies, out to dinner...but we live in a town with anti-mask, anti-vax crazies everywhere coming from everywhere. My wife refuses, so we sit at home. We see our very closest friends and that's it.

SickoRicko said...

I'm in total agreement.

uptonking said...

WHAAAA???? ME, TOO!!!!!!!!