Your Attention Please : should you own any kind of right upon a picture/video posted here and want it removed, please spare yourself the hassle of contacting Blogger, instead a simple email to my address will do the trick and I will swiftly remove that picture or video. To contact me just click on my Profile picture. Thank you.

Wednesday, November 3, 2021

912. Guru Meditation [in a vaguely grumpy mood]







Yes Lisa, as well as adblockers, malware blockers etc
But I'm sure you know that there are still stupid people managing websites who seem to have no clue as to what 'your user experience' and 'your customer satisfaction' are about. Morons who then complain "boohoo so many visitors are running ad-popup blockers, this is so unfair for my business..."
Yet it's as simple to understand as reading the sticker on my letterbox that says "No Ads - Thank you and have a nice day".

Piece of (obvious) advice: if a product relies on aggressive advertisement to be sold then it's most probably not a good product. So if you truly believe that yours deserves to be known through ads then ask a marketing guy who thinks that way - beware of marketing wannabes - and tell him to sell it fair and honest, like the person you should be in the first place. He'll come up with an appropriately targeted, non-invasive (and possibly humorous) ad campaign.
Want to build a respected brand? Then start with respecting your prospects.
Or else you're just but another crook.
Amen

Now back to being Zen

3 comments:

uptonking said...

Thanks for getting on your soapbox. I never think about those things anymore. I just look for the little x in the upper right corner. But you are absolutely right. Thanks for sharing. Kizzes.

whkattk said...

My wife discovered the "if you rely on...then the products" - the shit she bought ended up in the trash, it was that good.
Marketing should be smart - and funny! If it's funny, truly funny, you've got my attention. Thanks for this one!!

SickoRicko said...

I don't use blockers anymore, I just put up with the ads. If it gets to be too much, I close the page. LOVE the dog!